Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Underneath

The challenge for the art5academy DLP art journal workshop was: 'What lies beneath?' 

We used scrap  papers which we use to wipe brushes and brayers,  try out colours on, etc., to cover the blank page spread of our journal and turn it into a page with the theme...... what lies underneath?

Here is my spread for today.


'Underneath', DLP art journal, mixed media


I used paint covered deli paper scraps and some old gelli-printed envelopes to collage to my page.  The first thing which emerged was the big bird on the right.  I then 'found' a poem from some random lines of Chinese poetry...which fell rather well into the beneath/above theme.


Here is my found poem:

High up into heaven the suns ran,
where the sound of the river streams beyond the border.
Can it be, risen from the caves of the sea,
you have learned to climb the blue void?


The river and the blue void gave me the fish, penguin and blue background idea. The 2 birds show the original 'under papers'.  It was enjoyable to make this.

One of our projects for wetcanvas.com this month is: 'Orphism', the colour ideas of the Delauney's.  I am looking forward to trying out their geometric colour ideas soon.


Bye...


No comments: