Friday, 12 June 2015

Journal 52 weekly challenge

The challenge or prompt for the past week was 'small successes'.  Here is my page spread.


'Small success- time lord', Journal 52 challenge.

Since I have been enjoying doing females in wax pastel and acrylic recently, I chose mixed media girls as my small success.  It was roughly done but I enjoyed doing it.  That's what I like most about journalling...it can be rough, or quickly done,  just for the joy of doing it...or play, I guess.

This girl's appearance reminded me of Dr Who outfits, female version, and I had a little clock beeswaxed, so I turned her into a time lord.  I am a bit of a science fiction and fantasy addict anyway! 

The background is painted tissue paper and rice paper.  The face is wax crayon and I have used acrylics on her jacket and coloured papers and ink in the background.

Till next time...




5 comments:

froebelsternchen Susi said...

A fabulous spread June! I love this colors!
Gorgeous!

Julie Ann Lee said...

I really love her quirkiness and the colours. This is a great journal page. xx

Giggles said...

I love that no matter what I could pick your art out of a crowd of a thousand...it's beautifully distinct! Gorgeous, colourful happy piece that June made!! Fabulous style!

Hugs Giggles

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wow, so striking, you use colours in a fantastic way.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Kim Dellow said...

Oh love it! I so wanted Dr Who to be female last change! Thanks for linking up to Show Your Face and for the shout out too! Kx