Friday, 2 December 2016

Game of chess

Art from this week.  Plus a couple of photos of Susie, Kitty.


1. 'Game of chess', collage and acrylics, 12 by 12 ins., paper


2. 30 days art journal, mixed media


3. Susie at play


4. Susie at play with catnip toy


Well, that was a fast week.  I didn't get much done, and I am now behind with the art journal challenge.

The painting of the chess game started out as a collage of ripped up gelli deli prints. I saw the figures in the pieces and then used acrylics and some pen to define them.  I wasn't happy with the collaged background as the figures didn't stand out and so I used white to 'erase' the background around the figures.  Then I painted the chequer board floor pattern...with 'creative' perspective.

I may re-do this painting with more precise perspective detals later on, if I get around to it.

The prompts for the 30 day challenge were: sports (not my thing) and faith.  So I listed the sports I played at high school and which I have never played since then.  And for faith/spirituality, I put 'freedom'.

To finish, here are a couple of shots of Susie with her fancy new toys.  She does love them, but guess what.... a piece of string is still her favourite!!

Have a great weekend!

Links:



Bye.


18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Susie seems to have taken over your household! She's gorgeous. Lovely art, the chess game is fantastic. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Fantastic art and a happy cat! Just wonderful!
oxo Susi

Giggles said...

Fabulous chess game and I was wondering about that floor... thanks for sharing that tidbit and your process. Typical animal just like kids....they like the box best..lol She is adorable playing with her toys! Not hard to see how loved she is!

Hugs Giggles

sirkkis said...

Wonderful chess game and page. Love Susie!
Happy PPF ❤

Lois said...

I would have a difficult time with sports as a prompt... cats are lucky to be so photogenic. :)

denthe said...

I really like that first painting. It has gorgeous colours. Susie looks very happy :-)

Gibby Frogett said...

Great art work June - but the Chess set is my favourite - its fabulous!
Susie seems to have settled with you so quickly and looks so happy and loving being spoilt :)
Have a great weekend.. Gill x

Julie said...

I really love the chess game art!

BrownPaperBunny said...

Ooh I love your collage piece, and how cute is Susie!!! :)

Faye said...

Don't touch the checkerboard background. I love the exaggerated look to it. And the chess pieces look 3D. Great job!

Jackie P Neal said...

That chess piece is now my new favorite! Outstanding, so magical June!! I just love your art! xx

Nicole Beadwright Campanella said...

Susie is lucky to have you as her mom. Such great toys. I really love the chess piece. It is very whimsical.

Christine said...

Lovely pieces this week and a cute Susie!

Indira said...

Susie is adorable. Lovely art. I particularly like the game of chess. International chess championship that was going on for the last two weeks ended two days ago. Interesting coincidence.

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

your chest set looks great, love the colours :)

Abigail Davidson said...

The concept for your chess game piece is so intriguing! Well done!

Gloria J Zucaro said...

The chess game is so,so interesting! I love it. I hope you don't change the perspective to be more perfect, i love it the way it is! I can't imagine how you "found" those figures in the deli paper???

BLOGitse said...

Sport..what's that? lol :)
I really like your header, so beautiful!