Friday, 14 August 2015

The red gladiolus.

Mixed media.


'The red gladiolus', mixed media, paper, 15 by 11 ins.


I was trying out a set of children's gelatos by doing a face whilst watching TV.  The children's gelato crayons, by Maped, were surprisingly effective, I thought.  I have a small set of artist quality gelatos by Faber-castel, but I haven't used them yet.

 I decided to put the woman in a mixed media painting of her own, mainly because Show your face Friday was coming up.

link to the show your face post by  +Kim Dellow

show-your-face



Bye for now...... 

11 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Beautiful use of the colours,and very inspiring. One day I'll pick up some courage to try one too :) Happy Friday, sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Janet said...

Beautiful...I love your use of color.

Suz said...

The colors are beautiful! As is your face.

Giggles said...

Gorgeous, vibrant and rich! Love the glads too...wow great job! I love your art!

Hugs Giggles

Wanda said...

I wonder what she's pondering....very expressive, and very colorful.

Laney said...

I love your color-blocked face! So intriguing.

JackieP Neal said...

Oh my- I love gladiolas as well!! Have to say that I truly love your faces!! ")

leekrek said...

wow I am loving your face, I cant make anything with gelatos, you did so perfectly and the glads are beautiful,

Julie Ann Lee said...

Your work is always so beautiful, June. You are such an original talent. I love how you use colour, but I also love the composition and the subjects of the work you do. There is always a beautiful, dream-like quality to your work.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

A wonderfu.l painting June!

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous June, I love the flowers to the side, they offset your lady beautifully! I've often wondered abut the Children's gelatos, they look so bright. Love! Thank you for linking to Show Your face and for your shout out too! Kx