Friday, 27 November 2015

5 days of Mandalas

Here are the mandalas I've been working on this week.








'Mandalas',  pen and watercolours, around 8 ins diameter. sketchbook paper.


These are mandalas from the first 3 days of a course by +Julie Gibbons .

The course is called 5 days of Mandala magic and the link is below.



I'm glad I made time as making the mandalas is engrossing and Julie gives a good amount of historical background into symbols associated with mandalas.

I was particularly intrigued by mandalas where you put figures in the circle and hope to explore this more.

I will link to Show your face Friday also.




Bye for now.  Have a great weekend.



7 comments:

Giggles said...

These are stunning and I have never seen a face in the middle of one, that is sooo cool!!

Hugs Giggles

JackieP Neal said...

Wow! June, these are absolutely stunning! such intricacies and details- you are so talented my friend! hugs,Jackie

Julie Ann Lee said...

Your mandalas are so impressive! They really look like so much fun to create.. I too love the idea of the face at the centre. Really fascinating work. xx

chrissie said...

I have never visited your blog before and I just adore your header. The artwork is terrific,

I came here from Show Your Face

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Stunning work June... that all looks great!
Happy new week to you!
oxo
Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the idea of putting the face into the mandala. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

these are gorgeous!! I have only recently made my first mandala but hope to do more-and I want a face in mine too:)