Friday, 18 December 2015

Fox

Girl with fox.  Pen and wash doodle- journal page.



'Girl with fox', pen and wash, A4 sketchbook page.

Some random pen scribbling as I couldn't make up my mind what to do this morning.  I then added some watercolour washes to define the shapes.

I like to do pen scribbling like this because its quite relaxing and also it can stir up ideas for future art work.

This was done in a sketchbook which  has reasonably thick paper but it is shiny smooth ...however,  it took the scribbling and the watercolour washes quite well.

(I have a few designs for paintings on file but I don't think I'll be able to do any involved work, such as acrylics or wax crayon work, until after Christmas...for obvious reasons).

In other news:

If you are a female and into art journalling, you may want to check out this FREE online retreat...which is for relaxing with art and recharging the batteries over the Christmas/ New Year period.



Have a great weekend!!

Bye...

Added to show your face

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely work as always, hugs, Valerie

Julie Ann Lee said...

June, this is beautiful! I love the tenderness of the girl's face. I really do admire your lovely work. Have a Happy Christmas and a creative New Year. xx

JackieP Neal said...

Wonderful scribbles June! Who knew scribbling could look so beautiful!I adore your little fox- so darling!
Thank you for the link, I shall go check it out!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
love & hugs,Jacie

Giggles said...

I love your scribbling and I'm amazing by them... Gorgeous results... sweet fox too! Thank you for the link I'm giving it a shot!! Merry Christmas!

Hugs Giggles

froebelsternchen Susi said...

This looks sooo good - fab!
Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas!
oxo
SUsi

Gibby Frogett said...

Love this - it has so much depth.
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas....
Gill xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Amazing pen scribbling June! All the best for you and your family 2016!

Love and hugs
Maarit